- 454 g dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1440 ml water
- 240 ml cubed salt pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 120 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 60 ml ketchup
- 30 ml apple cider vinegar
- 10 ml dry mustard
- 7.5 ml salt
- 2.5 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large, ovenproof pot, add beans and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pork, onion, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Remove lid. Cook another 45 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
In honor of tapping season, treat your family to a sugar shack inspired meal with all the maple fixings. Serve these maple baked beans alongside our maple beer baked ham for a true taste of Canada.