- 10 ml refined coconut oil
- 10 ml turmeric powder
- 180 ml cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 can coconut milk
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- pinch sea salt
- Steep turmeric powder in lightly warmed coconut oil for 10 minutes.
- Place cashews, coconut milk, steeped coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, scraped vanilla bean, and salt in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- Churn mixture in an ice cream maker for 20 minutes, or until it reaches soft serve consistency.
- Transfer to freezer to firm up.
Dairy-free desserts can be hard to find – but look no further, we’ve got your covered! This vegan, dairy-free version of our Tumeric Maple Golden Gelato recipe swaps out the cream and milk for coconut oil and cashews, and is sweetened with vanilla and all-natural, pure maple syrup instead of sugar.
Recipe developed by Danny Seo, Naturally